1Password8 and Browser Extension not accepting Master Password

CBerg
CBerg
Community Member

My master password is not working on 1Password App v8 or the Edge browser plug in. The master password is correct because I can access 1Password.com. I can also access 1Password on my iPad and iPhone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password App and it still will not accept password.

1Password Version: v8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro v21H2

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited February 2022

Hey @CBerg, I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues signing with 1Password 8. It sounds like we may need to take a closer look at how 1Password is functioning on your PC. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• CBerg
    CBerg
    Community Member

Ali, I figure out what was going on over the weekend. The 1Password application was looking for the previous password. I made the wrong assumption that the application validates the inputted password with the online master password. I guess that would not be a good idea/feature if the computer didn't have an internet connection.

• Hi @CBerg, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to access your account. A password change would definitely require you to reauthenticate your 1Password for Windows application. Be sure to let us know if you ever have questions or need anything in the future 🙂

Ali

This discussion has been closed.