1password showing square text when I try uploading a file

groenator
groenator
Community Member

I am using the snap version 8.4.1 of 1password.

When I am trying to upload a file, I click on Attach a file button, a new window shows up where the text is converted into squares.

I am on OpenSuse TW with KDE plasma. See the screenshot below.

Are there any plans to fix this?

Regards,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for writing in.

I'm so sorry you are having trouble with the file modal. Since I'm having trouble replicating the issue you are experiencing, could I ask you to supply a few more details about your installation? A few points come to mind:

• What fonts is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Fonts)?
    • What global theme is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Global Theme)?
    • What application style is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Application Style)?
    • What language is your system using (System settings => Regional Settings => Language?
    • What session type are you using (ex. Wayland or X11 visible on the login screen)

Additionally, is it possible for you to try out the beta channel to see if your issue is still occurring there? The 8.5.0 beta does require a database migration so going back to stable unfortunately requires completely removing the snap and re-installing it (clearing local data). If you are comfortable with that, you can make the switch to the beta channel with sudo snap refresh 1password --beta.

• groenator
    groenator
    Community Member

Hi there,

What fonts is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Fonts)? -
    I'll have to send you the font name tomorrow. Its late here and I am in bed. :). But I know for sure I am not using the default KDE fonts. Its custom font.

What global theme is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Global Theme)?
    I am using Breeze Dark

What application style is your system using (System settings => Appearance => Application Style)?
    Default Breeze theme

What language is your system using (System settings => Regional Settings => Language?
    English UK

What session type are you using (ex. Wayland or X11 visible on the login screen)

X11.

I dont mind trying out beta I'll have a look at beta too and let you know.

Regards,

• groenator
    groenator
    Community Member

Hi there,

The fonts I am using on my laptop are called Inter.

https://rsms.me/inter/

This is the link from where I downloaded the fonts from.

Regards,

• Hey @groenator

Were you able to give the beta a try? Is the issue present there? If it is, I'll file a bug report with the information you've provided for further investigation by our development team. Thanks!

Ben

• groenator
    groenator
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I havent yet, I will try it out tonight and let you know.

Regards,

• groenator
    groenator
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Hi Ben,

I tested using the beta version and I get the same issue.

Regards, Bogdan

• IanJSaul
    IanJSaul
    Community Member

Yes, this has been going ON and ON forever - attempting every possible fix leads back to solutions which indicate the SNAP is built with old FONT support requirements. Would be great to have ONE version of 1Password working 100% on SUSE based systems.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.