Oddities filling password in an app

Options
warpspeed
warpspeed
Community Member
edited January 2022 in iOS

Hi folks,

I have an app on my iPhone that I often need to fill a password. Generally it works fine as I trigger the keyboard then tap passwords and 1Password pops up showing an "All Vaults" view, with what seems like my most used or favourites at the top. The one I need is typically there, so that's great and it fills when it's there, however I've noticed an odd issue though where sometimes it loads up a blank list.

When the blank list loads, instead of loading the "All Vaults" view, I see a different looking window which shows a screen with the following contents:

Choose a password to use for "The App Name"
Cancel AutoFill Password +
Search field
Blank list
Add new password button
"You can also look up and create passwords in Settings"

I tried adding "The App Name" into a website field in the 1Password entry, but it doesn't work.

If I cancel out of this interface then tap password on the keyboard again, eventually I get the "All Vaults" view again.

I'm using the latest app version on the latest iOS version. I have the iOS AutoFill Passwords setting for "Allow filling from" set to only 1Password, nothing else. Using FaceID for auth.

And related to this, I'm curious to know if there's a way to add an entry to the 1Password entry that will preference or suggest only the relevant entries inside the app? I'm aware this can be done using desktop apps on a Mac, but not sure about iOS.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2.1

Comments

• Hey @warpspeed:

Thanks for asking, and I'm sorry you're running into issues here using AutoFill. It does seem like iCloud Keychain is loading instead of 1Password. Just to make absolutely sure, 1Password is the only provider selected in AutoFill Passwords, and Keychain is not selected? Additionally, are you able to share the specific app where you're running into issues?

As for configuring which Login items are shown in a specific app, that is controlled solely by the Associated Domain(s) of the app. For example, the eBay app has an Associated Domain of ebay.com:

In this case, any Login entries with a URL of ebay.com would be shown in the AutoFill menu. Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.