Two different version of the app

Options
FreddyBeach34
FreddyBeach34
Community Member

I use 1PW enterprise for work and have the family plan for home. As much as I would like to keep these two totaly seperate , it doesn't work.

I believe that I can log into the app, and provide the credentials to have both accounts available , on both my work or personal laptop, but, approved version of the app at work is version 7.9.828, and at home I am using version 8.4.1 of the 1PW app.

Do these two version play nice with vaults created in other versions of the app.
I'd like to upgrade the app version on my work laptop to 8, but thats not possible. Should I downgrade the app version that I am using at home?

1Password Version: 7.9.828 and 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 and Win 11

Comments

• ag_angelica
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @FreddyBeach34, thanks for reaching out!

I wouldn't worry too much about the different versions you have at work & at home. Any item that you create in either 1Password 7 or 8, will be synced in both apps and you will be able to see the same data in both of them regardless of the versions you have. The only difference is that you might not have the same features that 1Password 8 has vs. 1Password 7 but this will not affect your data at all. With that being said, there's no need to downgrade your app at home. I hope 1Password 8 gets approved soon so that you can enjoy our new app at work too!

• FreddyBeach34
    FreddyBeach34
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, tried it, no issues!

• Great to hear, @FreddyBeach34. Thanks for the update! 😀

This discussion has been closed.