Prevent closing 1PW Extension

Options

How can I prevent that 1PW will be closed if Chrome will be closed? With each new start of Chrome (97.0.4692.71; 64 Bit) I have to enter the phassphrase. That's inconvenient compared with the build-in password manager by Google.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2 (64 Bit)

Comments

• Hello @CologneGuy,

To keep 1Password open when you close your browser, please go here: https://1password.com/downloads and install the latest version of the 1Password desktop app. It will automatically connect with the 1Password in your browser and keep it stay unlocked with the app.

• CologneGuy
    CologneGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply!
    Is there a mobile version available?

• Hi @CologneGuy:

On behalf of Nhat, you're very welcome! :smile:

We have 1Password for iOS and Android, as well as 1Password for Safari on iPhone or iPad.

Jack

• CologneGuy
    CologneGuy
    Community Member
    Options

I do not mean an app for a mobile device but for local run on PC without installation. Please have a look on https://portableapps.com/ what kind of installation I mean.

• Hey @CologneGuy:

Thanks for the clarification! While I can't promise anything, I have added your input as a feature request to see if it's something that our developers can add in the future.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1189

• CologneGuy
    CologneGuy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer, What I have figured out in my VM: 1password does not install in %ProgramFiles% but %LOCALAPPDATA%. It is already a user installation. That's fine for machines where the credentials allow a user installation. It must be installed first and then copied to a mobile storage. Therefore, it would be better to offer a (ZIP) package containing all files but without installation.

• :+1: @CologneGuy. Thanks for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.