Different passwords for App and Website?

jason0067
jason0067
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Windows

I'm new, just signed up yesterday. I can login to the website at my.1password.com, but I CANNOT login to the Windows app. I am using the same master password that I wrote down yesterday, and that is giving me access to my account on the website. But, I cannot login to the 1password app, which apparently is where all the magic happens.

It looks like I am missing a very important step, but I have no idea what it is. Please help. Thank you!

_1Password Version: App 8.4.1
_Extension Version: 2.2.1 (Edge)
_OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @jason0067:

Welcome to 1Password! :smile:

Just as a quick initial check, is the computer where you're running into issues adding your 1Password account to the app managed by a organization somehow? We've investigated and resolved some issues with network connectivity in networks and situations where TLS/SSL decryption causes issues.

If this is the case, let me know and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• jason0067
    jason0067
    Community Member

How do I add my 1Password account to the app? All I see are two options when starting the app: 1) Sign In, and 2) Create New Account. I already have an account, and Sign In does not work. Thanks for your help!

• Hi @jason0067:

As I mentioned above, are you currently in a corporate network or similar? We've improved the state of play in our beta and nightly builds of 1Password 8, but you may have to download the beta build separately: https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• jason0067
    jason0067
    Community Member

Thanks, @jack.platten, for posting that link to the Beta version. I was able to login! I have a corporate-owned laptop that uses Microsoft always on VPN. I was at the office M-W this week, but I am working from home today. I don't think the location matters, but if it does make a difference, I will be able to test that network on Monday.

• Great to hear you were able to log in, @jason0067! Woohoo 🥳

That sounds like it confirms the nature of the issue, as well. In either case, we'll look forward to hearing what happens on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.