Safari dropdown overlaps 1Password dropdown

Options
JDW
JDW
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

This problem occurs on nearly every site in Safari and has for a long time. I am making time today to describe the problem in hopes you can fix it in an update. As you can see from the screenshot below, Safari (boxed in red) slaps it's drop-down atop the 1Password dropdown (boxed in green). It covers up the info so I cannot see it.

I want 1Password to be on top. If you cannot do that, please recognize where the Safari dropdown appears and please make sure the 1Password drop-down appears BELOW that so I can see all the choices.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: MacOS High Sierra

Comments

• TP18
    TP18
    Community Member
    Options

Even so with the inline 1Password logo. clashes with the safari password. could 1Password logo be spaced more to the left?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We would recommend against using multiple password managers, to avoid conflicts. In this case I would suggest turning off the password management features in Safari.

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If that is impractical, you may want to consider turning off the automatic display of 1Password's inline menu:

(in the 1Password extension's settings)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• celos
    celos
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, the same basic overlapping behavior also happens with the "Hide my email" popup.

• JDW
    JDW
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what "Hide my email" is, but Ben's suggestion was the solution for me in Safari running under MacOS X High Sierra. (Note the unticked line in the screenshot below.)

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    Options

With the latest Public Beta on Monterey (12.3), even with the User names and passwords disabled in Safari, Safari keeps popping up a suggested password dialog that blocks the 1P dropdown. Really frustrating.

• Hey @jehrler:

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're investigating this, and hope to know more soon.

Jack

• blar
    blar
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

In TP with Cascadea this snippet helps:
    body:has(com-1password-button) input[type="password"]::-webkit-textfield-decoration-container { margin-right: 2em !important; }

Maybe 1password should inject a similar css?

This discussion has been closed.