Trouble with browser extensions

Options
jhk
jhk
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Updated an older iMac, which had not been used for a couple of years, from Mojave to Monterey. Was on 1P v6. When I synced the entries from my iPhone, I discovered a few sites where the password wouldn't work. Inspecting further, I discovered that these entries had not been updated since 2019 with the newer passwords. Fortunately, the newer passwords were in the trash, so I could recover them. There may well be others I have yet to find. This was very worrying. Syncing has never been a problem in all the years I have used 1P. Sadly, it also made my iPhone entries outdated in the same cases. Not good.

Anyway, I finally decided to update to 1P v7, and created my account. I'm still not too sure whether this automatically puts my data in the cloud, although the instructions to use WLAN are still there. Perhaps someone can tell me what the situation is.

I then discovered that Autofill, etc. never worked - using Firefox mainly, but also Opera. Fields were never filled in, and all that happened was that I was returned to the sign-in or start page. Also, I could not see any of my entries from the extension. Searching for anything said nothing could be found. Opening 1P v7, I could then see my stuff in the Primary vault, and found the needed newer passwords in the archive. Phew. I've never bothered with a vault structure in 1P v6.....

I was getting very frustrated, and wondered whether installing classic extensions would help. It certainly did. All the familiar behaviour was back. Autofill works, and searching does too.

So, please tell me what is going on with the newer extensions. I am using the most up-to-date 1Password, and my browsers, OS and anything else are all the latest versions.

1Password Version: 7.9.3 Beta - although the trouble was in 7.9.2
Extension Version: Now classic
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I posted some questions in the Mac forum, but these seemed to have been moved to the browser forum. I'm not sure why.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hey @jhk sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with the extension. It sounds like your data has not been migrated from your Primary vault to your account. That said, I'd like to get a diagnostics report from your computer to make sure of this. Once we get that, we can walk you through setting things up and filling from your browser.

Here is a guide on how to create a diagnostics report from your computer: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+x@1password.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

• jhk
    jhk
    Community Member
    Options

Done, as requested. Thanks.

Here is the ID number: [#PYD-22967-395] Diagnostic report

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jhk I sent you a reply via the ticket. Let's keep the convo in the ticket so that we can address the specifics with your account and computer. Thanks for working with us on this :)

This discussion has been closed.