[Windows]: [1Password 8]: Credit Card Icon not Working

Options
andrejulius
andrejulius
Community Member

Hi! Hope you are well! I am using the latest version of 1Password 8 and I have a credit card with the wrong icon. I tried deleting and creating a new one and it's not working. The same credit card in my iPhone shows the correct icon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @andrejulius:

Thanks for asking! :chuffed: 1Password 8 relies on the card number (specifically the first 6 digits, known as the Issuer Identifier Number) itself to determine the card type to set the icon and not the manually entered card type. It seems like your card's IIN may not be in our list to check against and consider it a MasterCard card. Since we definitely don't want you to share any portion of your debit card number with us, especially in public here, I've filed an issue to see if we can improve the recognition of Mastercard branded cards.

In the meantime, if you'd like, setting a custom icon for this card (the issuing bank's logo for example) would be synced across all of your devices you use 1Password on. If you'd rather have the MasterCard icon we use, let me know and I can post it here for you.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12540

This discussion has been closed.