“Please unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon.”

Options
johnnynoble
johnnynoble
Community Member

Been seeing this a bunch on iPadOS recently. I’m in Safari, I go to fill a detail in a form, and the form shows the locked 1Password icon at the right side.

Clicking it shows a dialog box ‘Please unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon.’

Clicking the 1Password toolbar icon opens the sheet that says ‘Sign in to use 1Password’, with an ‘Open 1Password’ button.

Clicking that button opens a blank browser tab. Nothing else happens.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnnynoble!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much, my lucky number iiiiiiissssss: MXS-62698-711! :)

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

And by the way, this is totally unimportant, can work around it. Happy holidays! Take it easy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnynoble:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and Happy holidays to you too!

ref: MXS-62698-711

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Hiya. This is still happening. I can fix it with a reboot, which is inconvenient. Any news?

• Hey @johnnynoble:

Thanks for following up on this, and I'm sorry you're still running into issues here.

We're narrowing down a few issues, and it sounds like you may be running into a combination of two. Are you using an external keyboard with your iPad? If you are, follow these steps and you should hopefully be up and running again:

1. Disconnect your external keyboard from your iPad.
    2. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    3. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    4. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    5. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    6. Tap on the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo, thanks @jack.platten! Worked a treat. I do indeed have the iPad Pro with the external keyboard (the one with the trackpad, I forget what they call it).

• @johnnynoble

I'm happy to hear that Jack's instructions helped you workaround the issue. Our developers are currently investigating both the 1Password authentication issue and an issue where trying to open the 1Password app from Safari just opens a blank tab when an external keyboard is connected to an iPad. I've added your report to the internal work items for both issues so that our developers are aware.

ref: dev/core/core#9873

ref: dev/core/core#11334

• johnnynoble
    johnnynoble
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P, happy to help troubleshoot/beta test.

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I’m seeing this on iOS. No external keyboards used in ages. It’s not a blank tab for me - it triggers an “open in 1Password?” alert. I say yes, it takes me to the app, it unlocks if necessary, and… no change. I can run through the routine all over again to no avail.

Video recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpoqbll7il8ofyi/1Password Extension Unlock Loop RPReplay_Final1643394317.MP4?dl=0

I’ve filed diagnostic report #VLZ-38158-259 in case it helps. Going to try force-quitting 1P and Safari next.

And happy to report that after terminating both and relaunching Safari, the extension showed me as already logged in.

Workaround: Kill Safari and 1P.

I’ll see if I can just kill one or the other should this happen again.

• @jeremywsherman

Thank you for posting the ticket number. I've sent you a reply over email, let's continue the conversation there. :)

ref: VLZ-38158-259

This discussion has been closed.