Using 1PW 2FA for Zoom

Options
numbers
numbers
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Android

I created a basic Zoom account through a web browser. In my Zoom profile I was able to set up 2FA. I added TOTP to the 1PW entry for Zoom and saved it. I see it generated the 6 digit code.

Now when I go to log into Zoom in on my Android phone with the app when I get to the point where I enter the 2FA code, Zoom shows six individual boxes. 1PW copies the 2FA code to the clipboard. How do I get 1PW to fill in the 2FA code?

Thanks
David

1Password Version: 7.91
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10

Comments

• numbers
    numbers
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to log into Zoom meeting on my Windows laptop I got the six boxes on the first login attempt after setting up 2FA. Now on the second login 1password was able to fill in the single 2FA box, as it does for any other 2FA signin.

I think the only way around the Android issue is to look up the 2FA code in 1pw first then quickly try to log into Zoom. Or just turn off 2FA in Zoom.

• @numbers

I am going to move your topic to the Android channel to make sure it gets seen. Try pasting the code into the first box. It may fill appropriately as some iOS apps do.

• tyler_
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hey, @numbers. Thanks for contacting us about the issue you're seeing with two-factor authentication on Zoom. I tested the Zoom app with two-factor authentication enabled and it appears Zoom doesn't allow pasting the code into the app. Unfortunately, the only way I was able to enter the two-factor authentication code was to quickly switch from the 1Password app to the Zoom app and type the code manually. If you have another device nearby, you can open 1Password on that app on that second device to see the two-factor authentication code and enter it manually on your Android device without switching between apps. On the bright side, you should have to enter your two-factor authentication code only once on your Android device to stay logged in to Zoom.

• numbers
    numbers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tyler. I think I did end up using the two device authentication, or I did an "alt-tab" and logged into 1pw and pulled up Zoom to see the 2FA code. I thought that was too much of a hassle so I just turned off Zoom 2FA. I haven't used Zoom on my phone at all.

If I left it running in the background because I knew I would be using it soon, then it would be simple. For me, if I am done with an app, I exit out of it/shut it down. Logging in with 2FA would then be convoluted.

• I'm glad you were able to log in! Let us know if you have any other issues.

This discussion has been closed.