"Never Display in Browser" still displays

Despite having some items with the "Never Display in Browser" checkbox ticked, I am still seeing them suggested as login on sites. This is on Firefox on OSX. I looked up previous posts citing an issue with 1Password X, but this is the native 1password mini firefox extension that is having this issue.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: 12.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @thoiboi, thanks for reaching out about this. The behavior that you're seeing in the classic extension is quite odd. Would you be able to share some screenshots of this with us? I'd like to see how the item appears in the 1Password app (where the "Never Display in Browser" option is ticked). I'd also like to see how the item appears via the extension. You can block or remove anything sensitive from the screenshots. However, please share as much as you can so we can get the full content of what is showing.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

• thoiboi
    thoiboi
    Community Member

So there are 4 entries and two of them have the "Never display in browser" on and it still displays

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2022

Thanks for sharing the screenshots @thoiboi. The classic extension does not have an inline menu that makes suggestions for filling. To fill with the classic extension, you'd have to click on the grey 1Password icon in your browser and click Autofill. With the inline menu present, you're actually using our new extension, which unfortunately does not connect with the "Never suggest in browser" display feature from your logins in the app.

We do have a feature request to make "Never suggest in browser" apply to the new extension. I'm happy to add your post here to it so that our developers can get an idea of how many people this would impact and so that they can prioritize features/fixes as needed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I do appreciate your patience.

For now, my best recommendation is to create a new vault, add your credit card items that you don't want displayed in that new vault, and then turn off that vault via the extension. This will keep the credit card items (and anything added into that new vault) from appearing as suggestions in the inline menu via your browser.

To turn off the vault:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser and select Settings.
    2. Scroll down to Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off the vault you'd like to exclude from the extension.

I know this is not ideal but hopefully it can help you achieve your goals. Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#832

This discussion has been closed.