Two accounts on one computer?

mackenzrai
mackenzrai
Community Member

My husband and I use the same computer and browser. How can we both access our individual 1password accounts from the same computer? We are have a family plan.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member

If you are on a Mac, I would suggest setting up two separate user accounts and then switching between them. Then you can use your separate 1password (family) accounts. I don't think you can use separate 1password accounts on the same. commuter account/browser.

• @mackenzrai

I would also suggest setting up separate user accounts on the Mac. Thanks for the assist ajahn

• snyd1
    snyd1
    Community Member

I have this question also. My wife and I share the same desktop/iPad. I had already established my account on the apps of these devices. If I try to add her account (to either iPad/Mac) it says “1 Password account cannot be added. A member from your family has already been added”. Okay, so I appears that she is good to go in the app but when she trys to use her master password to open the app it denies her. Any help would be awesome.

• Hi @snyd1:

The 1Password apps do not support adding multiple users from the same 1Password account in a single computer account.

Creating a separate computer account would be your best bet:

For macOS: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support
    For Windows: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

As for the iPad, at this time there isn't a way to add both your account and your wife's account to the 1Password app for iPadOS. Let me know if that helps, or if you're still running into issues along the way.

Jack

• snyd1
    snyd1
    Community Member

Thank you. I understand now.

• On behalf of Jack you're very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.