Please bring back copy new icon from Clipboard!

Options
Giana
Giana
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Windows

As title says. I all around love the updated 1password app so much but the only thing missing is the ability to copy a new icon from clipboard. It was a dream come true feature in the previous version and I sorely miss it here, as I like to organize all my logins neatly. Please bring this feature back! It was so convenient whereas now one would have to go and save every new icon they want to use.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Giana!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/core/core#11712

• VengfulBuffalo
    VengfulBuffalo
    Community Member
    Options

Would like to bump this as well. I find myself switching to another machine with 7.x frequently to use this feature and is one of the primary things keeping me from upgrading to 8.x across the board.

• Hi @VengfulBuffalo:

I've added your input to the issue Ana mentioned as well :smile:

Jack

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I agree with request. I have refused to upgrade to 1password 8 until the ability to have icon from clipboard is returned.

• Hi @bradHon1Pcomm, I've also added your comment to this issue. Thanks!

• Zaphod_Beeblebrox
    Zaphod_Beeblebrox
    Community Member
    Options

I left this complaint about not being able to use "Icon from Clipboard" in another threat already, but cannot refraim from reiterating it here. IWhen I installed V8 on my wife´s new PC, I realized this function vanished and hence didn´t update at least one of my devices and kept it on V7 just BECAUSE of this feature. Btw. this was one of the pros when I decided for 1Password over others!!
    I strongly believe, it cannot be rocket science to bring this back to version 8!

• dyl_
    dyl_
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this. It saves on the workflow of moving accounts over. Rather than saving, finding and applying logos, you can merely Google the company, copy the logo and paste it which is great for younger people and less technologically literate people.

This discussion has been closed.