IOS Passwords

Options
Route105Brewing
Route105Brewing
Community Member

We have a family emergency and unfortunately I don’t have my Mac with me. I want to import a moms iPad passwords into 1pass either with her iPad or iPhone. There are over 300 accounts and I don’t want to manually do this. Just signed up for family plan paid.

Comments

• Hi @Route105Brewing:

Do you have access to a trusted macOS device at all that you could borrow for a limited time and sign into your family member's iCloud account on that device? Exporting the entirety of the contents of iCloud Keychain is only possible on macOS, and can't be done from a iPhone or iPad.

If you don't, following these steps would be your best bet:

1. For an account currently in Keychain, find and copy your current password.

• iOS: In the Settings app, choose Passwords . Authenticate with Touch ID/Face ID if requested. Tap an account in the list, remember its username, and long-press on the password and press Copy to copy the password.
    2. Open 1Password, press the + button -> Login, then create the new Login item with a title, username (which you've remembered), password (which you copied and can now paste), and website (like amazon.com or google.com for example). Then Save the new Login.

3. Repeat steps 1-2 for each account you have saved in Keychain to get everything into your 1Password vault.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.