Add alert before archiving (To prevent accidental archival with CMD + BACKSPACE while searching)

Options
jonathanson
jonathanson
Community Member

I keep archiving entries by mistake because I use the native shortcut for "delete all text" CMD+BACKSPACE while searching. Instead of deleting the search text I entered, it just archives the first search result.

Since this is muscle memory at this point it is kind of annoying. A popup would at least solve it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jonathanson! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion. When you archive an item using the 1Password for Mac app you should see the following prompt:

If you don't see this prompt then it sounds like you clicked on the "Don't ask again" checkbox at the bottom of the prompt to suppress the warning in the future. That being said, our developers are planning to adjust this behaviour so that CMD + \ doesn't archive items when searching. We're currently testing a fix for the issue in the latest beta version of 1Password 7:

Fixed an issue that would result in items being archived when using command-delete to clear the search field contents. {#5380}

If testing goes well in the beta then we hope to include the fix in an update soon. Let me know if that helps. :)

• jonathanson
    jonathanson
    Community Member
    Options

I suppose it is likely I have tapped 'don't ask again' at some point, possibly while mass archiving a few years ago.

Glad to hear there is a fix regardless, thank you!

• On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome @jonathanson! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.