Migration of iPhone to Mac

Options
TheOnlyDani
TheOnlyDani
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

Hey all! I’m new here, but I’m NOT new to 1Password. Ok, so I’ve had the app on my iPhone and my Mac long before version 7. Everything worked and synced great. So one night I was on my Mac and saw a notification to upgrade to version 7, but we would now have to pay. No biggie, so I did it and it automatically imported my older version vault. Now I’m not on my Mac very often, but I’m always on my phone. I have used my phone to create LOTS of new entries in the iOS app (also version 7). I’ve added things, deleted some, edited some, etc. What I did NOT know is that since upgrading my Mac to the paid version that my iPhone would no longer sync. I found that out today when I was on my Mac and saw a lot of missing changes that I had made on my phone. It seems that the paid Mac version doesn’t offer a sync option, and the only way to fix it is to use the “Set Up New Devices” thing. I started to do it, but panicked when it wanted me to scan the QR code with my phone camera. I’m scared that doing that will make my phone match what’s on my Mac and I’ll lose all the things that I have changed using my phone. I want to “Set Up New Devices” so syncing will work again, but I want to preserve my phone vault as it is. Ideally, I would love to delete the Personal vault on the Mac, then somehow migrate my Primary vault from my phone into the empty Personal vault on the Mac. Then I can Set Up New Devices without fear of losing anything and then syncing will work again. Hopefully one of you can help!!

Comments

• Hi @TheOnlyDani:

It looks like you've reached out to us over email as well. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to close this thread, and we'll get back to you soon over email to help you get sorted out with 1Password across all your devices. Keep an eye out for our reply!

Jack

ref: WIG-61768-596

This discussion has been closed.