"Open in 1Password" shortcut not working on Quick Access

Options
aniforprez
aniforprez
Community Member

Performing the "Open in 1Password" shortcut keys (Ctrl + Shift + O) when selecting an item in the quick access bar does not open the item in the 1Password app unless the app is already open. Basically nothing happens and the quick access bar just goes away. It only brings the selected item into focus in the 1Password app if it's already open

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2

Comments

• joshpa
    joshpa
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm the same behaviour on 1Password for Windows 8.4.1 80401002 (on PRODUCTION channel) and Windows 10 (10.0.19042 Build 19042). I also noticed that if the app is already open, it will focus the item but won't bring the app to the foreground.

• Hi @aniforprez and @joshpa! I apologize the delay in response over the holidays.

I also noticed that if the app is already open, it will focus the item but won't bring the app to the foreground.

I can recreate this behaviour with 1Password 8. However, with the app unlocked and closed, launching quick access, searching for an item and using (Ctrl + Shift + O) does launch the app to the foreground with the selected item in focus when using the latest Beta version: https://support.1password.com/betas/

There is currently some known issues with 1Password 8 for Windows foregrounding under certain scenarios and this seems to be a similar case. I've added these details to the issue we have opened internally so the team is aware. Thanks for reporting this behaviour. :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#11998

• joshpa
    joshpa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_mike_d, I appreciate you getting back! That's great to know it works properly in the beta version. I might give that version a go, otherwise I look forward to that rolling out into release

• @joshpa Sounds good! if you do give the beta a try and encounter any trouble please let us know. :+1:

• passingmagic
    passingmagic
    Community Member
    Options

This seems to be a duplicate of https://1password.community/discussion/125185/quick-access-open-in-1password-doesnt-do-anything

It's been reported and open for a couple of months now. Any visibility on when this fix will be in the Production channel?

• Hey @passingmagic:

While we generally keep things pretty close to the vest, our next update to the stable channel should have this included. Thanks for your patience on this.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.