Does "Suggest/Never Suggest in Browser" setting apply to everyone on the team?

Options
melorama
melorama
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Business and Teams

My company has a 1Password Teams account, and I was wondering if the setting for "Suggest/Never Suggest in Browser" for a vault item is a global setting, or if it only applies to whatever the current user sets it to?

We maintain a lot of accounts that each team member has their own account to (e.g Google), and it would be great if users could set "Never Suggest in Browser" for these items, so that they can always easily autofill the login that only they are interested in.

While I know you can workaround this by creating separate vaults with different privileges, that would be a very clunky way to manage items like this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @melorama,

The "Never suggest/display in browser" toggle is applied at the item level and will enabled for all users with access to this shared vault. However, this toggle only integrates with the 1Password classic extension. The newer 1Password in the browser and 1Password 8 cannot utilize this toggle in any way - when viewing a sign-in page of a website, you'll receive suggestions for every shared item in the vault that have matching domains. If you need to keep these items in the same vault, to help with findability, consider editing the item names to include each team member's name. For example: Google | Thomas, or Thomas | Google.

If these items are only meant for a particular team member, and if they don't need by monitored by administrators, you may consider having each team member move them to their own Private vault. This special vault can only be accessed by them and it's ideal for storing items only they need to access on a daily basis, and doing so should reduce the number of suggestions your team members are presented with when attempting to sign in online.

This discussion has been closed.