Hi, I don't have any vaults in my sidebar (as showed here: https://support.1password.com/sidebar/).

Options
loma
loma
Community Member

Hi, This page and many others show the vaults in the sidebar. However, I don't have any vaults at all in my sidebar. Is there some way to turn that on? I'm on a Macbook. Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:no vaults in sidebar

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @loma

We'd be happy to help with that. Could you please let me know:

• What is the version # of 1Password that you have installed?
    • Do you have multiple vaults?

Thanks!

Ben

• loma
    loma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm logging into 1password using chrome browser and I don't see anywhere that 1password gives me the version. I currently have two vaults. Thanks so much!
    Tracy

• Ben
    Options

Ah, thanks for the info. That explains it. :) The screenshots you're referencing are of the 1Password for Mac app (instructions for installation). The web app has an entirely different interface. Once you install and set up 1Password for Mac your screen should look more like the screenshots you've been looking at. :+1:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• loma
    loma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much Ben. Is there reason to not use just the web application? And, second question :)...if I do download the app to my Mac, will it sync up with the passwords I've already entered in just by logging in to a browser? THANK YOU!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. There are definitely some features you miss out on by not having the Mac app installed, and also the documentation largely assumes you have the app for your platform installed. If you don't feel like those items are in your way you can of course continue to use the web app exclusively if you'd like.

if I do download the app to my Mac, will it sync up with the passwords I've already entered in just by logging in to a browser?

Correct; you can install the 1Password app on any of your compatible devices and access all of your data that way by signing into your 1Password account.

:)

Ben

• loma
    loma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben, super helpful!

• @loma

I'm happy that Ben was able to answer your questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.