Can you limit access to the Shared vault? I want to add our bookkeeper to our Family account but...

Options
greggmac52
greggmac52
Community Member

My wife and I have a Family account that includes personal items as well as business-related items. I want to add our bookkeeper to the Family account but I want to limit his access to only the few items he needs to do his job. I added him, moved the items into a new vault that contains only the items he needs and gave all three of us access to that vault (aka ME Vault). Unfortunately I see that he also has access to the Shared vault and I can't see a way to remove that access. What do you suggest?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:Add a family member with limited access

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @greggmac52! 👋

It sounds like you're referring to the built-in Shared vault that comes with all 1Password Families memberships. This vault is special and cannot have its permissions customized. Family members cannot be removed from this vault. In general, I only recommend inviting family members that you trust to your 1Password Families membership. The best option for your specific scenario is to invite your bookkeeper as a guest and not as a family member: Share with guests in 1Password Families

Let me know if that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.