Reviving the Archive Vault feature request

Options
eh1921890
eh1921890
Community Member

See: https://1password.community/discussion/105829/feature-request-archiving-vaults

The hiding of vaults from view doesn't cross machine boundaries. Nor would I want it to, different machines, different purposes, different vaults.

The ability to globally hide a vault by default across all machines would be great!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Archive a vault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @eh1921890

There are two ways in which this could be accomplished:

1. With 1Password 8 we're introducing a feature called collections, which will allow you to set up multiple groups of vaults for viewing. Sort of like the current All Vaults feature, but on steroids. These collections will sync across devices, and, as I say, you'll be able to have more than one of them (unlike All Vaults).
    2. If you don't want the vault to appear in the apps at all (other than the web app), you could consider using travel mode for this purpose: Use Travel Mode to remove vaults from your devices when you travel.

That said I can certainly add your feedback to the existing discussion on the concept of an "archive vault." :+1: I hope that helps!

Ben

• vinicius73
    vinicius73
    Community Member
    Options

I really want to have this feature @Ben.
    I have a lot of vaults about projects that I'm not active anymore, but I can't discard them.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @vinicius73

Have you taken a look at collections? Would that serve the purpose?

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Ben

• doubleforte
    doubleforte
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• noqued
    noqued
    Community Member
    Options

+1

Collections seem like a nice addition, but still a workaround. Besides, collections are not available on the web UI or the iPhone app (at least to my knowledge).

I would find archival of whole vaults very convenient.

• Ben
    Options

Collections will be coming to mobile with the release of 1Password 8 on those platforms (soon). Point well taken regarding the web app. Our focus has been on unifying the experience on desktop platforms. Mobile is next, and then hopefully, we'll be able to turn our attention to the web,

So I can better advocate for your position here, what would you envision archiving a vault accomplishing that isn't possible with Collections?

Ben

• vinicius73
    vinicius73
    Community Member
    Options

If collections will be available in any device, it looks reasonable to use it instead of a dedicated feature.
    Although, maybe we can have an automatic “archive” collection and make us able to move any vault to this collection seamless.

This discussion has been closed.