To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bring back migration offer via Help menu?

Options
gfeiner
gfeiner
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Memberships

I'm running v7.9.2 for MacOS with a stand-alone license. I noticed the release notes for v7.9.2 state "Added a dismiss button to the migration offer and a way to bring it back via Help menu. {#5562}". I can't find any option in the help menu to bring back the migration offer. Is it just buried deep somewhere or did that option not actually make it into the Mac version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @gfeiner! 👋

My colleagues on our migration team would be happy to help you apply the migration offer. They can be reached via email at support+tradein@1password.com. After sending an email with your information, you'll receive a support ID from BitBot that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here and I'll be able to help get things moving. :)

• gfeiner
    gfeiner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Email has been sent. Currently waiting on a reply. However, about 24hrs after creating this post, the offer decided to appear in the app (it has a mind of its own as to when it will appear). When I clicked the offer and went through in in-app upgrade process, I got the following error message after confirming my new master password for the 2nd time: "Could not add account to 1password. Primary Profile Locked. If this problem persists...". That error happened before I had a chance to generate/receive a secret key. Trying the upgrade process a 2nd time just leads to a new error stating that the email is already in use. <awesome. bang head on desk> I stated all this in the email to support+tradein@1password.com

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @gfeiner. It looks like you're in good hands now, with my colleague Greig working with you via email. To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to close this thread, but please do reply back to Greig if there is anything further we can help with.

Ben

ref: GIH-23565-124

This discussion has been closed.