2FA [Check that system time is accurate]

Options
ThomasScheepens
ThomasScheepens
Community Member

All of my logins have a faulty 2FA all of a sudden. Removing them and trying to add them again also isn't possible. It just says 'code is invalid' on all the sites. I have a feeling this is a bug in 1Password since the latest update aand frankly, it's quite annoying as you might understand.

1Password Version: 80500103, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.2.6
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000. 438

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ThomasScheepens

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. A bug wouldn't be my first suspicion here, as all of my 2FA codes are still working using the same version of 1Password that you are. Could you please check that the date, time (+AM/PM), and timezone of your computer are set correctly? https://time.is/ is a reference that may be helpful. If things are set properly, when you visit that site, you should see something like:

If your time is not exact, that would affect your ability to use TOTP 2FA successfully, as the codes generated are based on your system's time. Please let me know what you find.

Ben

• ThomasScheepens
    ThomasScheepens
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

This did the trick for me! I think my time was mismatched since I changed it in the BIOS instead of in Windows. Like always with problems it was just user error.

Thanks again for your help!

Thomas

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear fixing the time in Windows resolved this for you. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.