Feature Request: Custom Templates

Is it possible or will it be possible to add our own items in the Wallet section of 1Password. There is a short list on there already. Hunting License?? Really?? What about being able to add our own??? That would be a nice feature -- Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, kirbster! I agree. Custom templates would be a nice feature. I've passed your vote for this along to the developers. :)

That said, is there anything specific you are looking for? I've not found the current selection to be limiting in my own usage. Maybe I could help you find a good spot for some data you are trying to enter. It can also help the developers make 1Password better if we have some use cases to share with them.

Please let me know. Cheers!
  • I also would like to see custom templates, or perhaps the cool thing alluded to in the following support post:

http://support.agilebits.com/discussions/1password-in-mac-app-store/4145-wallet-items-suggestions

Some of the things I'm trying to add right now but don't really have a place include: key numbers for my bike lock, my bike (with photos), my Oyster card (public tranport payment card), a few other items around the house I want to register for insurance purposes (again, photos are invaluable for this).

Any chance you can drop some less-than-subtle hints about plans for this feature?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mciastko! We don't normally pre-announce future features, so please keep an eye on our blog for news and updates. :)

I'll pass your feedback along to the developers! For now it sounds like Secure Notes would be the place to store the information you listed.
  • Steve_Joyner
    Steve_Joyner
    1Password Alumni
    I'm all for customized templates.

If not, here's a record type that would be a good addition.

A new record type for a physical asset (from Dustbuster to Macbook Pro). Standard field could include: vendor, retail price, purchase price, website, purchase date, order/invoice number, customer number, serial number. The rest could be put in a the notes section -- including photo, video, docs.

Increasingly, I suspect many 1PW users (like me), are using 1pw to store more than login un/pw. In this way, it's become a virtual locker: everything from driver's license, passport, birth cert, etc to record of high-value assets, medical information, etc.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! I've replied to your other post about this already. :D
This discussion has been closed.