LinkedIn 2FA not working. I have tried reconfiguring it with no avail.

My 2FA in 1Password for LinkedIn generates a code, but the code does not work on LinkedIn. Is this a known issue? I've had other 2FA logins not work with 1Password, and I'm starting to wonder what I'm paying $36/year for

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:linkedin

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MAirosus! Sorry to hear about the issues with your 2FA for LinkedIn. Since you mentioned 2FA not working for other logins, my initial thought is to have you check on the time on your devices with 1Password. Two-factor authentication is very time-sensitive, so any difference in time of day on the devices can cause the codes generated by the authenticator app to be rejected. Please head to the website linked below on each device, and ensure the time matches the one shown there: https://time.is

If you need any guidance adjusting the time on your devices, you can find it here:

Make sure the date and time is set correctly

It's really important the times not differ by any more than 30 seconds, since this is the period of validity for your one-time password. After all device clocks are in sync, your authenticator codes should be accepted. Let us know how this goes!

• MAirosus
    MAirosus
    Community Member

Looks like that worked - I updated the auto-time set feature on my machine and it worked. Thanks for the tip!

• On behalf of Joy, you're very welcome @MAirosus!

This discussion has been closed.