Apple Watch login does not work in 1Password 8

2»

Comments

• Hi @Goldgamer:

Thanks for checking back in. Drag and drop isn't available from Quick Access currently. If you're having trouble with the desktop app and 1Password for Safari communicating, collecting some diagnostic information from 1Password and 1Password for Safari would be your best bet.

First follow these steps in Safari: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Then follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac
    2. Open Settings
    3. Choose Advanced > Send Diagnostics
    4. Click Reveal to locate the diagnostics on your computer
    5. Attach the diagnostics report, and the console log you created earlier to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Include your username: Goldgamer, and a link to to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/122651/apple-watch-login-does-not-work-in-1password-8#latest

After sending it in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect your email conversation to your messages here.

Jack

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Hi @freyman

You mentioned:

Open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General and disable and then enable Apple Watch unlocking.

I don't even see that in 1Password on my iMac (no TouchID)… I can unlock my Mac with my watch though so I know the feature should be supported and available.
    I see it on my MacBook Pro that also offers TouchID though, so I know where it should be and what it should look like.

(1Password 8.5.0 80500103, 1Password for Safari 2.2.3, on Monterey 12.2)

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

@cortig my instructions are referring to the macOS System Preferences.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

@freyman

my instructions are referring to the macOS System Preferences.

True… and in my case that part is just fine. Although shouldn't there be a mention of unlocking with the Apple Watch in the 1Password security preferences too?? I sure don't see it on my iMac.
    The MacBook Pro doesn't mention it either, but at least it offers TouchID (and enabling the option allows me to unlock with my watch).

(and for good measures, here's the System pref showing the Watch unlocking is enabled on the Mac)

• Hi @cortig:

Just to clarify, not all Macs that allow you to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch are supported for unlocking 1Password. Your Mac needs to have a Secure Enclave to allow unlocking 1Password with your Apple Watch.

• iMac Pro (2017 and newer)
    • iMac (27-inch 2020 and newer)
    • MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2016 and newer)
    • MacBook Pro (2018 and newer)
    • MacBook Air (2018 and newer)
    • Mac mini (2018 and newer)
    • Mac Pro (2019 and newer)

On your MacBook you should see two options in Security, one for Touch ID and one for Apple Watch. Let me know!

Jack

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I see @Jack.P_1P … So that explains it for the iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019). It's really confusing since MacOS X itself allows unlocking with he Apple Watch.

On the MacBook Pro (which is in your list and has a T2 chip) though, I only see the option for TouchID. The Watch is not mentioned in the 1Password preferences.

Corentin

• Hey @cortig:

Thanks for following up with the specifics. If you're still running into issues with unlocking 1Password with your Apple Watch on the MacBook, it may be best to take a closer look at the 1Password setup on your MacBook. Please follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac
    2. Open Settings
    3. Choose Advanced > Send Diagnostics
    4. Click Reveal to locate the diagnostics on your computer
    5. Attach the diagnostics report to an email addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Include your username: cortig, and a link to to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/122651/apple-watch-login-does-not-work-in-1password-8/p2.

We'll take a closer look and see what could be causing the trouble here. Thanks!

Jack

• Goldgamer
    Goldgamer
    Community Member

Alright! Apple Watch Login works now, only the browser extension integration is pretty unstable and broken.

• TekScep
    TekScep
    Community Member

I have a similar issue. I am using 1Password 8.8.0 and there is not even an option to select Apple Watch. I do have it in operation in my Mac OS though.

Mark

• willym
    willym
    Community Member

Using latest IOS and WatchOS versions with the new ultra watch, 1password doesn't show at all, not even in the list of applications in the Apple Watch app....
    Compatibility issue ?

• Hey Folks,

Have you seen our new blog posting? As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

More exciting things to come.

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member

I am seeing the same thing in macOS Ventura for a few different clients. The Apple Watch unlocks the computer just fine, but the 1Password 8 app doesn't even show it as an option.

This discussion has been closed.