New 1P Extension Login

Gingered
Gingered
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Today, I bumped into a new interface to login into 1P extension. First it does not work and honestly I just hate it. Why did you remove the Touch ID option?

1Password Version: 7.9.3.BETA-1 (70903001)
Extension Version: 2.2.5
OS Version: 12.2 (21D49)

Comments

• Hi @Gingered:

It looks like the connection between 1Password in your browser and the 1Password desktop app may have been disconnected somehow. If you quit both 1Password and your browser fully and reopen them, does that improve your state of play?

Let me know!

Jack

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Gingered, let's try turning off the shared lock state feature in Firefox and then re-enabling it to see if it helps with the issue.

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Close out of your browser, quit 1Password, and relaunch both.

Let us know how things go!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@Gingered Thanks for trying that out. I did see you mention that rebooting your Mac resolved the issue. However, you also stated that the issue re-appeared momentarily:

However when you click on the extension this screen appears again and then disappears immediately to offer the normal screen "Open 1P" offering touch ID pop up window.

After going through the steps to disable and re-enable the extension, does things work normally now? If not, please let us know.

• Glad to hear that sorted it out for you @Gingered! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.