Touch ID no longer works and is disabled in 1Password

Options
elbel9283
elbel9283
Community Member

The option to use Touch ID is unchecked and greyed out in the 1Password app.

This worked as of 3 days ago (last time I used the laptop). Touch ID still works to unlock the mac.

The mac is connected to my monitor and is open (i.e. the laptop is not closed / "clamshell" mode as I understand it's called).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2022
    Options

@elbel9283

You indicated you are using 12.1. I would recommend staying up to date. If you can, updating now would likely be the best option. I would also suggest restarting the Mac at a minimum. If you find that does not help, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127050/touch-id-no-longer-works-and-is-disabled-in-1password
    • Your forum username: elbel9283

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @elbel9283

Sorry for the quick follow-up. Do you happen to be using a device that might have MDM restrictions in place? If you don't know, most likely you do not and we can rule that out.

You can also give this step a try before sending the report? It might shake any cobwebs loose. Head over to System Preferences > Touch ID: Uncheck/disable the box for Unlocking your Mac and then enable it. You will need to enter your macOS user password in the authentication prompt. Follow that with checking 1Password to make sure Touch ID is enabled within the app. 1Password > Preferences > Security.

This discussion has been closed.