if there is a way to view a member's password if you are an admin.

Options

we are going to implement this for our team ,please confirm if there is a way to view a member's password if you are an admin. I'm planning to get that for the company and the team will have their passwords to our apps in it. If they are on vacation for example, the admin should be able to see and log in as them to check something if necessary.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: if there is a way to view a member's password if you are an admin.

Comments

• Hi @shamarana4, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

Just to confirm, are you asking if an owner or administrator can view a team member's account password? If so, this isn't possible as a team member's password is chosen by them and is never sent to our servers or any other members of your team. It effectively only exists in their head or in their saved or printed Emergency Kit PDF, if they decide to write it down.

Additionally, every team member has their very Private vault, which is an ideal container to store work-related items only they need to access. Just like with a user's account password, the information in this vault is not accessible to admins or any other member of the team.

If the owner or admin are part of a shared vault also accessible to the team member in question, they'll be able to access those items. I hope this helps but let me know if I've misunderstood what you're asking, and feel free to provide more details.

This discussion has been closed.