1PW 8 does not search documents' file names! Please help.

Options
mia
mia
Community Member

This issue caused me a lot of problems so I hope this post gets some serious attention. I nearly went into a panic because I thought I lost a ton of data. Using 8.5's latest export to .1pux function allowed me to see inside the file with WinRAR only to find the missing files.

I couldn't find Documents uploaded to 1Password 8. Apparently the search function does not search the file names. For example, typing "Insurance" will not find that Insurance file in the picture below.

**This is simply unacceptable design and not clear to the user at all. ** When I do a global search in 1PW I would expect all data gets searched.
Can I get a comment from 1PW developers about this? This really needs to prioritized as a high priority 'feature' as it's a basic function of any app and core to the user experience for home or business!

1Password Version: 1PW 8 (latest)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 + Mac (Big Sur)

Comments

• Hi @mia:

Thanks for asking, to clarify, are these files attachments to an item? As it currently stands, search does not search attachment names, but I've added your feedback to an internal issue we have on the topic. Search is an area we're actively working to improve on, and hopefully in the future we can get this smoothed out for you. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10759

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is an item. I sincerely hope this gets added soon. Search is a core function in 1PW and without a robust search finding all information, 1PW 8 remains incomplete.

• We appreciate the feeback, @mia - and will keep doing more and better.

This discussion has been closed.