2FA Auto Copy/Paste in doesn't always carry the code over - Heroku - Mac Beta 8

Options
tdehnke
tdehnke
Community Member

Using the Mac Beta, when I log in on my Mac - Safari to Heroku, the 2FA code isn't in the clipboard to paste in automatically. This does work on my iPad/iPhone.

The expected behavior is if using 1Password to fill user/password, that 2FA code would be copied into the clipboard, so we can paste it in on the next screen (2FA screen for Heroku), or better yet have it auto pasted and submitted like happens on phone/iPad.

1Password Version: Mac 8.5.0 80500083, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: MacOS 12.1

Comments

• Hey there @tdehnke, thanks so much for writing in! I'm really sorry this isn't working for you here - let's see if we can get that patched up.

On iOS, Apple's Password AutoFill mechanic doesn't support providing the 2FA token - to work around this, we copy the one-time password to the clipboard so it can be conveniently pasted into the 2FA field. In the desktop browser we have much more flexibility, so the one-time password should be getting AutoFilled for you automatically, without pasting from the clipboard. I wonder if something is happening on the Heroku site specifically, that is preventing 1Password from properly detecting the field as a 2FA field.

Would it be possible to collect the page structure from the Heroku 2FA page? I can then pass that along to the Dev team to see if we can work around the issue, so that 1Password can fill better on that page going forward. Here's how to do so:

1. Navigate to the Heroku page where your one-time password is requested.
    2. Right-click the 1Password extension icon, and click Help -> Collect page structure.
    3. A text file will be saved to your file system.

Could you send me an email at support+extensions@1password.com, and attach that page structure file? After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

• tdehnke
    tdehnke
    Community Member
    Options

Done - 1 tip for your insturctions - in step 3 - add the details that the file will be saved in the user Downloads folders - had to hunt around a bit to find it. I'm assuming sending it as a .json file is ok too for spam/virus filters?

I have not received a conversation ID email yet.

• Hi @tdehnke:

It looks like one of my colleagues has just gotten back to you, so take a look and see if what they've provided helps. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to reach out anytime in the future if you run into any more trouble!

Jack

ref: ZGH-25667-333

This discussion has been closed.