"New Login" does nothing on a Naples MUG website form

Options
Ward
Ward
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The membership portion of the Naples (FL) MacFriends User Group (NMUG) website is hosted on a FileMaker database.

I'd like to use 1Password to fill in member forms. When 1Password didn't offer to save a 2-field login form, I attempted to manually save a "New Login", but nothing happens, i.e., no new entry & no error message. I suspect this is due to FlieMaker's web forms differing from conventional forms that 1Password can recognize and control.

Here's an example of a simple NMUG 2-field login form: https://naplesmug.com/html-for-update-3.htm

Note: That published HTML page redirects to the actual login form on a FileMaker hosting service.

Is there any way to coax 1Password into supporting this form (and others like it)?

-- Ward

P.S. Something strange is happening at the mcservices.com website. The form I saw before opening this topic looks like this:

joyofmacs.com/share/NMUG1.png

Now I see this (which 1Password recognizes as a login form):

joyofmacs.com/share/NMUG2.png

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 7.9.2
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hey @Ward:

Thanks for reporting this. When I checked, I saw the form matching screenshot 1, not screenshot 2. If I had to guess, screenshot 2 is likely for managing the page(s) itself, rather than the member login you're using. It seems like the 1Password "brain" isn't able to detect the fields on this page for one reason or another. I've added this site to an issue we have for keeping track of sites where the brain runs into trouble detecting any fields.

In the mean time, copy and paste would probably be the best bet to sign in here.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#1918

This discussion has been closed.