How to autofill a formatted phone number field

Options

I set up a 1Password login to autofill several fields in a volunteer signup form. 1PW didn't automatically ask to save the field entries so I added the fields manually. They all work, except for the phone number. I looked in the page source but I don't know what 1PW is looking for to autofill a field. Below is the element definition. Is there anything about this that would prevent autofilling, or, should I use a label other than "Phone" in 1PW?

<div class="inputWrapper">
<div><input aria-required="true" type="text" id="tfa_1026" name="tfa_1026" value="" placeholder="###-####" maxlength="8" aria-describedby="tfa_1026-HH" autoformat="###-####" title="Phone" class="validate-custom /[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{4} calc-Phone required"><div class="lengthIndicator" aria-live="assertive" style="display: none; left: 170px;">8 characters left.</div></div><span class="field-hint" id="tfa_1026-H" style="left: 0px; top: 28px;"><span id="tfa_1026-HH" class="hint">Please enter phone in ###-#### format</span></span>
</div>

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: Windows 10, Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ee1pwuser thanks for reaching out! Looking at the code you shared, I would recommend changing the label for the phone field to "tfa_1026". Could you try that out and let us know how it goes? If it still doesn't fill, please send us a link to the form on a website and we'll be glad to take a closer look.

• ee1pwuser
    ee1pwuser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks. tfa-1026 didn't work. The form is a volunteer form for second harvest. You have to first fill out this page to get to the page that's an issue. https://shfb.tfaforms.net/350?VSID=a0v1I00000HCIlFQAX.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing that @ee1pwuser. It looks like there may be an issue with the code for the phone number field, and 1Password's filling is not compatible with it. I have reported this to our developers so that they can look into the issue further. For now, my best recommendation is to save your phone number in the login item and to copy/paste or click/drag your phone number from the extension window into that field.

I hope that can help for the time being. Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#830

This discussion has been closed.