Different Master Password per Browser/Machine?

Options

Hello - I'm running 1PW as a Chrome extension on 2 machines. I changed my master password on 1 of them, but it doesn't seem to have changed it on the other. Will I have different master passwords on different machines? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @GMB22, if the extension in Chrome on both machines are connected to the same account, you should be able to sign in to them with the same account password. That said, it can get confusing when changing your account password. After your account password has been updated, you would still need to sign into the extension with your old account password so that the extension can connect to your account. Once you do that, you would then be prompted to re-authorize your account with your new account password. Then you'd be able to use your new account password going forward.

Could you try signing in to the extension that has the issue with your old account password? If you're able to sign in, please look for a red banner to re-authorize your account. If you can't sign in or are unable to re-authorize your account, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.