Quick Access copy password opens full 1Password window

Options

I just noticed this happening after the latest update. I don't think it was doing it before but I don't use quick access frequently enough to be sure. What's happening is I open quick access, search for a login, then press ctrl + shift + c to copy the password.

The password seems to copy as expected but when the quick access window closes, it opens the full 1Password window then switches back to whatever application I had open before. I then need to switch back to the (now undesirably open in the background) 1Password window (which hasn't even selected the login I just copied) and close it to make it go back to the system tray.

I would have expected that once I copy my password it simply closes the Quick Access window without opening the main app, and to the best of my recollection that's how it was working before today.

I'm happy to help debug the issue or provide more details if necessary. It's only a minor annoyance but I'd love to figure out how to make it stop happening if possible.

1Password Version: 8.6.0 80600012
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H1 (OS Build 22000.469)

Comments

• Hey @Kirlac:

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to replicate this as well on the most current nightly, and I see that it's something we're investigating. I've added you to the issue, and hopefully we can have this smoothed out soon.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12723

This discussion has been closed.