Browser Integration "Vivaldi"

Options
basurerito
basurerito
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I switched from Linux to macOS and running now into the issue, that the "app" and the "browser plug-in" are not communicating.
I have always to enter the password in the browser plugin, regardless of the macOS app being already unlocked.
The browser app has already been de-installed/re-installed several times (Chrome) (as proposed by the macOS app after unlocking) ..

So there is probably the same issue as it has been with the linux app and vivaldi (not being s supported browser).

What can I do to make Vivaldi work correctly with 1paasword?

thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.2 (70902004)
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• rzzz
    rzzz
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome and Vivaldi on Windows 11 are having same issue. I have to enter my password everytime I restart the browser and extension refuses to unlock using the app integration.

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member
    Options

No idea? Nobody?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @basurerito, I set up Vivaldi on my Mac, and it works fine with the shared lock state integration. The extension locks up and unlocks with the 1Password app on my end. Could you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

If you're still having issues, could you restart your Mac, open the 1Password app first, and then open Vivaldi to see if the extension unlocks automatically? If you get any errors or continue to have trouble, please let us know.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rzzz, it's strange that the shared lock state feature is not working for you via multiple browsers on your computer. Could you also try the following to see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

If the issues continue, please restart your computer, open the 1Password app, and then open your browsers to see if the extension is able to communicate with the app. We may need to collect logs and a diagnostics report from your computer, but let's see how things go. Talk to you again soon!

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P .. thanks for your tips and hints.

Nothing worked .. this was what I tried before on my own. Including re-installing apps ..
    On Linux it worked after some modifications .. and now on my brand new MacBook Pro with M1 Pro it does not work as intented .. that's a bit ironical ;-) (though I am pretty sure that it only needs a slight modification here too).

I tried it just now with Firefox and it worked just fine, instantly.

• awasen
    awasen
    Community Member
    Options

I too have issues with Vivaldi and 1Password extension getting locked...

I've tried all kinds of things and have both extension and App setup. It seems that the 1Password extension always locks after browser is restarted, or if the computer is locked.

Tried with timed locking as well but no go... I've tried the above and also re-installed both App and extension.

• Hey @awasen:

Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed and have enabled desktop integration? Without desktop integration, 1Password in your browser will always lock after you quit your browser. Let me know!

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using Vivaldi browser 5.0.2497.48 (Stable channel) (64-Bit) with 1Password in the browser 2.2.6.beta installed on Windows 11 Pro. Also, I have the 1Password desktop app 8.6.0-6.beta installed.

These settings are enabled:

1Password desktop app:

1Password in the browser:

When 1Password desktop app is locked, 1Password in the browser is also locked.
    Unlocking the 1Password desktop app also unlocks 1Password in the browser.
    If 1Password desktop app and 1Password in the browser are unlocked, the browser extension is still unlocked after shutting down and restarting Vivaldi browser.

So everything is working fine here...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DenalB, thanks for sharing those screenshots. It does indeed sound like 1Password is working well for you in the browser and via the app.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @basurerito, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If the extension still is not working as expected on your computer, please replicate the issue and send us the following:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you very much!

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you .. #LUG-81373-411

• basurerito
    basurerito
    Community Member
    Options

The problem was solved by Paul M. from support team, who investigated the issue by analyzing the logs.

His recommendation was:

... it seems there is a missing native messaging folder, which is used for Chrome and Vivaldi.
    Go ahead and try these steps to see if we can get things fixed up:

1. Open Terminal, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
    2. Copy and paste the following command and press Return:
      mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome
    3. Open 1Password. Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar.
    4. Open 1Password again.
    5. Restart your browser.

.. and well, it worked :+1: (though I have no idea why this specific folder was missing or not created by the installation process.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's great to hear that things are now working well @basurerito. The missing folder is caused by a known issue that we're tracking. It is inconvenient, and I apologize for the experience. Hopefully our developers will be able to fix this for future releases of 1Password.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.