Changed passwords dont update elsewhere

Options

Hi, I I make a password change in 1password on my Mac, it propagates to my iPad and iPhone but when I do the auto fill - either on the iPad or iPhone it has the old password. If I copy from the 1password app the password field and paste it into the web page it works fine. Ive noticed this for awhile now but recently it happened 3 days after making the change. When I tried to fillin on my iPad it was the wrong password. Even on the MAc, after making a chance and trying the extension, it was the old password not the new one (for the max this was done about 5 minutes after making the change. I am running the latest versions on all devices and you 1password family. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changed passwords not available in extension

Comments

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. This has been out there since 2/5 with no response. Wondering if someone from 1password could please respond with any ideas open why this happens(see post).

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sdades! I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you about this. Let's first check on the password for the item on your 1Password desktop app and browser extension. Here are some questions:

• Could you open the 1Password app and check if there are multiple items for your site?
    • If not, could you reveal the password for the login item from the app and check if it has been successfully updated?
    • Next, can you lock the extension, unlock the extension, search for the login item, and see if it has been updated?
    • After that, can you then go to 1Password.com, sign in, and check if the item is updated there?
    • Could you let me know if this happens with every change that you make to your items, or does this just happen intermittently?

Once we get the details above, we'll be able to take a closer look at this. Hope to hear from you again soon :)

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Ive been noticing this happening for quite awhile now. Often when I need to change (or want to change) a password, I go to 1 password on my phone or Mac and make the change through the app. The extension both on the phone and Mac tends to remember the old password via the popup in the fields in safari. I usually try one, it doesnt work so then I go to the 1password app, copy the password and paste it into the field to login. The item is always updated in 1password, it is not always updated in the extension.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for those details @sdades. Are you able to create a test login so that we can investigate this further? Please create it via the 1Password desktop app, and look for it via the extension. If it's there, please make a change to the item via the app and then check on it in the extension. Finally, please sign in to 1Password.com to see if the item has been updated.

I'd like to see if the issue is specific to the extension or if it also affects your account on 1Password.com. If the changes also do not show up in your account on 1Password.com, then we'd have to take another approach in investigating things.

This discussion has been closed.