I have access to my account on Mac, but login wouldn't load on iPhone. No trouble with ANY other.

sjebling
sjebling
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

I have used 1Password for well over a year and honestly don't know what I would do without it. My Mac seamlessly talks to my iPhone so I have access to everything on both devices. I recently tried to access an account on my iPhone. I have no problem with that account on my mac. When I go to the website on my iPhone, the account pops up. When i select it to fill in the user name and password, nothing happens. I restarted my iPhone, deleted the login altogether and added it back. I'm at a loss to figure it out. Can anyone make a suggestion? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have access to my account on Mac, but login wouldn't load on iPhone. No trouble with ANY other.

Comments

• Hello @sjebling! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling your login information into a website on your iPhone. Can you tell me if you're using Password AutoFill or our new 1Password in Safari web extension to fill your login information? You can find a description of each method below:

If you're using a browser other than Safari on your iPhone then can you check to see if filling the username and password works when using Safari? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• sjebling
    sjebling
    Community Member

Hello Dave_1P... Thank you so much for responding to my question. Also thank you for sending the links for both methods. I'm always interested in learning. I am currently using the Password Autofill. I was able to find the aA and add it to my search bar on my iPhone. When I looked at "Manage Extensions" 1Password is NOT selected. I haven't changed that as I await your response to my findings. Thanks again, Shirley

• @sjebling

I suggest giving 1Password for Safari a try, it's a real game changer when it comes to saving and filling logins on the iPhone. You can enable 1Password for Safari by following the steps in our guide: Set up 1Password for Safari

Let me know how it goes. :)

• sjebling
    sjebling
    Community Member

Hello again Dave... I'm still not having any success. Do I need to somehow discontinue Password Autofill. I will add a few pictures to show you what my iPhone screen looks like.

When i go to any random website and click the aA, manage Extensions, the only thing I see is 1Password selected (green). There are no other dropdown menu's available. At one point, (not sure what I selected), the User ID and Password populated, but the User ID and the Password both populated with the password. In one of the photos I just uploaded, it asks me to unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon. I'm not sure what that means of how to do it. It also shows the 1Password logo on the right of the User ID box. I've never seen either of these things pop up on any other sign-in. Thanks again for any assistance.

• @sjebling

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like 1Password for Safari is having trouble authenticating. Please try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Does this resolve the issue or do you see the same message asking you to unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• sjebling
    sjebling
    Community Member

Hello Dave,
    Thanks for your response. I want to be sure what you mean by "fully closing 1Password on iOS. I've searched for how to do that and can only find instructions on how to close it on my Mac, not the iPhone. Are you asking me to delete the app on iPhone? Sorry to get stuck on a simple instruction, but I don't want to screw anything up. Thank you.

• Hi @sjebling:

Fully closing 1Password and Safari can be done by following these steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
    2. Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close. In this case this would be Safari.
    3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with 1Password.

After following those steps, follow the steps here:

1. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    2. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    3. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    4. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Let us know how you get on with that!

Jack

• sjebling
    sjebling
    Community Member

Hello Jack,
    Thank you for the detailed instructions on how to fully close Safari and 1Password. They were perfect. I felt silly asking how to do that, but I didn't want to cause an issue by deleting something I shouldn't. After all of that, my log-on information (user ID and password) will still not populate for this one website, my health insurance. I'm still getting the "Please unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon" message as pictured above. When I click on User ID, I can see above the keyboard at the bottom half the screen "for samba plans.com - 1Password and my User ID" next to that is the key symbol. When I click on my User ID that populated above the keyboard, face ID recognizes me, gives me the check mark, but does not populate where I need it to. If I click on the key symbol, it takes me back to 1Password where I can see my SAMBA login. So, long story short, its still not working. Thanks for any other advise..
    Shirley

• @sjebling

I'm sorry that you're still unable to fill your login information using 1Password for Safari. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sjebling
    sjebling
    Community Member

Thanks so much for your assistance. I have followed your instructions and sent the requested diagnostic report along with a short summary of the problem. The Support ID number is: [#UDW-38828-214] . Thank you!

• @sjebling

Thank you for sending in the diagnostic report and for posting the Support ID number. I see that my colleague Josh has responded to your email and I recommend continuing the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. :)

ref: UDW-38828-214

This discussion has been closed.