Difficulty on iOS--again

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

This difficulty keeps repeating itself. Ever since I have used 1P on iOS, I have had this same problem many times. Here is what happened this morning:

1. Attempt to login to my bank.
  2. My Touch ID was not available, so I had to enter my 1P master password. This is normal, because the phone was probably rebooted since my previous 1P use.
  3. Enter master password and access the login for the bank.
  4. Bank rejects login for some reason.
  5. Try again, but still the Touch ID is still not recognized so I have to enter it again. Seems this should not happen.
  6. I remember that Agilebits tech support in the past said that when this happens it is better not to attempt to use 1P from within the login procedure of the app, but that it is better to directly start the 1P app and that that way the login will cause Touch ID to be enabled. This seems like a flaw, but ok.
  7. So I start the 1P app, and again Touch ID is not enabled, so I enter the master password successfully yet again.
  8. After about three times of successfully entering the master password and getting into the 1P app, then the Touch ID is enabled.
  9. I try the bank login again, but this time I do get the Touch ID prompt
  10. I use the Touch ID but nothing fills in on the bank login until I touch the entry field. Then it fills. I am wondering if this is a feature or a bug, and normally I do not see this.
  11. I click to login, but instead of logging in, the page goes blank.
  12. It says my access code is invalid. So now I have to call the bank to see what's up, because that access code works on a desktop browser to login. It might be that they do not have the same access codes for the iOS app and the desktop browser, but that seems strange.

Very frustrating!

When I click on link below to find 1P version on iOS, it gives me a page that is not related to that.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.1.2

Comments

• Hello @jasimon9! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble using Password AutoFill on your iOS device. Regarding the Touch ID issue: it is indeed correct that you need to unlock the main 1Password app using your account password first in order to enable Touch ID for Password AutoFill. That being said, our developers recently made some big improvements in this area with the latest update for 1Password on iOS:

1Password no longer requires you to type your master password every reboot in order to re-enable Touch ID or Face ID unlock. {#5533}

Can you update to the latest version and give it a try? Let me know how it goes.

Were you able to get in touch with your bank regarding the access code issue? Did they have any insight on what might be going wrong? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I will try the update and let you know. It is especially frustrating in my experience when it is not every reboot you have to re-enter the master password, it is every time 1P is used. For example, if I attempt to login 10 times to an account, I need the master password on each one of those attempts.

The bank issue was resolved. I downloaded an app with the same name as my bank. But who knew, that is a different bank, and my bank's app has the name of its parent bank. So naturally my credentials would not work at the wrong institution.

This discussion has been closed.