2 feature requests for 1password 8

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member

1) the ability to edit tags without entering the full-on editor akin to 1password 7.

2) the ability to drag/move items around in the editor to change their order. lets just say im pretty particular and when i add an item to an entry, i like to make sure its in the same order as in all my other entries with a similar item. at current this requires removing and re adding them all in the order i want.

1Password Version: 8.5.0-103
Extension Version: 2.2.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hey @klepp0906:

Thanks for your feedback here on this! While I can't promise anything, rearranging items is definitely useful, and I've added your input to the internal issue we have tracking this.

As for editing tags, as it currently stands, you can drag items onto existing tags in the sidebar, but I can definitely see how it would be handy to add tags from the right click menu, so I've added your voice internally as well.

Thanks again for your detailed feedback as we strive to make 1Password the best it can be!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#5961
    ref: dev/core/core#12577

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

hey jack. after re-reading my post and using 1password on my wifes computer in the interim (she's still on 7) it seems the items there were in fact already re-arrangeable but not via dragging, via up and down arrows.

so both that and tags from the context menu were seemingly pruned. unsure if it was out of necessity with the new platform being used, or it just hasnt reached the point in development it can be put back.

losing features is rarely a good thing so here's to hoping!

Thanks for the reply :)

• Hi @klepp0906, thanks for your reply here (and my apologies for not responding sooner).

Just to let you know, 1Password 8 is an entirely new app, and so has been built from scratch. We certainly don't want to remove features for no reason (only if it helps improve the overall experience you have), and we'll keep the new features and additions coming. While I can't promise much in the way of specifics here (we announce features as they're released, not before), this is a popular request with customers and we can understand why it could have value for you.

We'll keep the updates coming and hope to impress you more and more with each one. Thanks for letting us know where you think we can do better - we appreciate the insight, and the challenge! 😃

This discussion has been closed.