I installed 1Password, and now I can't access my printer. we have private network.

Options
ronetts
ronetts
Community Member

We have private network at home.

I installed 1Password, and now I can't access my printer/scanner.

Any device which has 1Password cant access.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I installed 1Password, and now I can't access my printer. we have private network.

Comments

• Hi @ronetts, thank you for contacting us about this. I'm sorry to learn of the printer issue!

I would find it hard to see how 1Password could be responsible for this though. For a couple reasons:

• 1Password doesn't alter how your network traffic is handled
    • It also doesn't manipulate user permissions, apps, or other things like that on your system
    • It runs as a regular user process and doesn't have administrative permissions
    • To be comprehensive, I should say that 1Password really doesn't do anything other than what it needs to encrypt and decrypt your items, update itself, and connect to the 1Password service and your browser

And it's certainly not equipped to interface with hardware like a printer, either.

While our ability to help with this will be limited, I hope it's helpful to ask: were there any other changes that occurred on these systems around the same time? Perhaps a driver update, or a change on the network? Making sure that you have the IP address of the printer confirmed, as well as checking over the driver and network settings on the relevant computers might be a good start. Checking into Event Manager, if you're on a Windows device, or Activity Monitor on a Mac, can be informative too.

Thanks, and I hope this gets things off to a good start for you. I'm sorry that I can't do more to be helpful here!

This discussion has been closed.