Support autofilling Okta 2FA code

Options

Currently the browser extension can fill in username and password for Okta.

But when the 2FA prompt comes, I always need to open 1Password manually and copy-paste the code. Clicking autofill doesn't fill it and the 1Password icon doesn't show up in the input field when focused.

As Okta is an SSO provider (with a short session timeline...) I need to sign with it many times a day into all of our work services and it would be really really great if 1Password could remove the extra clicks from that process.

1Password Version: 8.6.0 80600006, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.2.3 build: 20195 (Safari 15.3)
OS Version: macOS 12.2
Referrer: forum-search:okta

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @felixfbecker, sorry to hear about the issue you're seeing with filling your 2FA in Okta. It sounds like the 2FA prompt is coming via the browser, but as 2FA prompts for Okta can also come via other devices, could you confirm if this is indeed the case?

I'll check to see if I can create an Okta account to test things out. However, if you can grab a screen recording or some screenshots for us, that would be great. Feel free to send those in an email to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• felixfbecker
    felixfbecker
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's a 2FA prompt in the browser. Sending a screenshot over through email.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@felixfbecker Could you let me know what your support/ticket number is? Once we get that, we can review the ticket and go from there.

• felixfbecker
    felixfbecker
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, it's [#UXV-84233-699].

• Thanks a bundle, @felixfbecker! I was able to track down your email - we'll follow up with you there. :smile:

ref: UXV-84233-699

This discussion has been closed.