New Login created in 1Password 8.5.0 not showing in 1Password for Safari 2.2.3

Options

I just created a new login in 1Password 8.5.0 and it is not showing in 1Password for Safari 2.2.3
I restarted Safari and 1Password and then rebooted the computer. No Luck.
I then went to the website login page in safari and 1Passwordsays "No items to show."

Any suggestion?

Don Jusiak

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 12.2
Referrer: forum-search:New Login created in 1Password 8.5.0 not showing in 1Password for Safari 2.2.3

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @D1951, could you sign in to your account at 1Password.com and check if you can find your login from there? What steps did you take to create your login? What is the website URL for your login?

• D1951
    D1951
    Community Member
    Options

The login I created does not show up in 1Password's website.

In the app I selected +New Item. Title, User Name, Password and website and hit save.

Login works fine from the 1Password 8.5.0.

Does not show up in 1Password for Safari 2.2.3. Extension is present in Safari preferences.

URL: https://portal.experianidworks.com/login?RTN=91000005&_locale=en_US

• D1951
    D1951
    Community Member
    Options

I was mistaken in my previous comment about the login working directly from 1Password 8.5.0.

It didn't

But I did solve it!

From the 8.5.0 I selected Open & Fill. This did not work. I got the "No Items to Show" again.

I manually entered user name and password and was prompted to save them in 1 Password.

This action save the login information to 1Password for Safari 2.2.3 where it now shows up.

I did not think I would have to manually enter the user name and password in Safari after creating them in 1Password 8.5.0.

Evidently communication between the two is one way.

e.g. If I create a new user name and password while in Safari I am prompted by 1Password for Safari to save them.

User name and password then shows up in 8.5.0.

However, when I created the new login in 1Password 8.5.0 it did not show up in 1Password for Safari.

It seems this may be a bug yet to be worked out.

Thanks for your input. It led me to the solution.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for those details @D1951. I'm glad that saving the login via the browser extension has helped. However, saving the login item via the app should indeed allow the item to sync to the extension as well as your account at 1Password.com. If the item doesn't at least appear in your account at 1Password.com, it means that the item didn't get saved at all. Have you had this issue with just this login, or does it happen with all logins saved through the app?

At this time, I'd like you to send over diagnostics from 1Password app on your computer: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

This will help us check on the app to see what's going on. You can attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• D1951
    D1951
    Community Member
    Options

This is the first time I have created a login item using 8.5.0.

You are right about the item not being saved in my account at 1Password.com. after it was created in 1Password 8.5.0.

In previous editions of 1Password and 8.5.0, a great number of my logins were created after being prompted to do so at the websites.

I found the "created date" of the item listed at 1Password.com is the same as when I manually entered my user name and password in Safari - and prompted to save it to 1Password.

I emailed the items you requested.

Would it be OK to repair permissions, repair attributes, and reset launch services?

I could then create another login in 8.5.0 to see if the problem continues.

• Hello @D1951,

Thank you for sending us an email. Let us continue our conversation there and update the results here after.

ref: TJG-78113-938

This discussion has been closed.