Can I move a Vault from one account to another account?

Options
AlexSola
AlexSola
Community Member

Hi! This is my problem: I have a personal account with 1Password. One day I started working in a company with no Password Manager Culture. So I decided to use my own 1Password to store the credentials. To prevent mixing things up, I created a dedicated Vault for that. Then, yesterday, the company bought a 1Password company license (or whatever it is called) and I would like to move the vault I created for them in my personal account to the company one. Is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @AlexSola. We don't have a way to move an entire vault, but there is a workaround.

You can create a new vault in your new account. If you have both accounts unlocked and open in the 1Password GUI client, both vaults will appear in the sidebar and you can drag your items from one vault onto the new one. I would show you a screenshot, but gnome-screenshot seems unable to capture a drag in progress.

• AlexSola
    AlexSola
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Savanni ! I share the pain of Gnome limitations. Thanks a lot. I understand the workaround will try and will let you know the result.

• Thanks @AlexSola, we'll look forward to hearing how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.