To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Please add Pin-Code for 2-FA qr codes

Options
ttod
ttod
Community Member

Hi.
Will you be adding separate PIN-CODE lock for 2-FA codes?
I mean, at this moment, we use separate apps, because we feel unsafe to have 1pass unlocked and sametime it was also 2-FA unlocked.
for that purpose, even thought in browser we might have 1P extension unlocked (so anyone who might access the pc during next few minutes when 1P is still unlocked) we have a separate app for TOTP codes, for which - everytime you open it, yo need to insert your passcode. That way, we are still secured.
However, to replace those 3rd party TOTP auth apps, we need one functionality to be in 1P , so we could safely migrate to 1P. that is, everytime we need to get TOTP code (answer) we had to type that PINCODE.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Jack.P_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @ttod:

Great question! Our Principal Security Architect has written far more than I could hope to on the subject of a second password for unlocking specific items inside 1Password: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/613465/#Comment_613465

Let me know if that clarifies things, or if you'd like me to dig in a bit further with you! 😃

Jack

• ttod
    ttod
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for response. sorry, but I dont think I understand what he says.
    I don't mean UI locking, I mean the second, separate 'decryption' (where the password does decrypt data) way to have 2-FA totp codes, and should be separated from the fact whether 1P extension is locked or not.
    So, that will be a higher security you can offer, and in that case our team will switch to 1P 2-FA app too.
    But, alike my 5 previous feature-requests, this useful feature is not being 'recognized' too. pitty.

This discussion has been closed.