Mac & PC versions give different one-time passwords with identical setup

Options

I have Mac and Windows machines configured to share a 1PW account (both sit on the same desktop). They both show the same time of day and sit on the same network. My corporate VPN requires a one-time password, which I setup on the Mac and it works beautifully, but the shared version on the PC does not match and does not work. Why? The URL in the setup appears to be identical.

1Password Version: 8.6.0 Mac 8.5.0 Windows
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1 Windows 10.0.19044

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dcblack56

Sorry about the difficulty. A couple things I'd suggest checking:

1. Does https://time.is report the same results on both computers?
    2. If you add a note to the VPN item in question in 1Password on one computer, does that note appear on the other computer?

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    Options

W.r.t. #1 that was eye-opening! My corporate Windows machine was ahead by 25 minutes and 29 seconds! It has something to do with being time-synchronized to a corporate time server. I have forwarded the information to my IT support group for investigation.

As to notes synchronizing, there are no issues.

• Ben
    Options

Time being off by 25 minutes would absolutely do it. 🤯 It generally can be off by a few seconds or so, but 25 minutes will definitely cause undesirable results. Hopefully your IT folks can help figure that out. Having accurate time on a computer is pretty important now for a number of security-related reasons.

Glad to hear syncing is working well and isn't the cause here. Please let us know how you make out once the time is accurate.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.