Taxact removes username when populating credentials

Options

I have a login saved for https://taxact.com. When I visit and attempt to login I see the 1Password icon in the username field and click it (same behavior if I use my shortcut to fill credentials) I see the username in the username field and then focus shifts to the password field which gets populated. When the focus shifts and the password is populated, the username goes away. It happens quickly but visibly. I have looked at my saved login for this site in 1Password to see if there is any leading or trailing whitespace or other special characters and I cannot see it. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3 (Safari)
OS Version: macOS 12.2
Referrer: forum-search:taxact

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there, @jswright61. I took a look at the site, and I was able to replicate the behavior that you described in 1Password for Safari. This is not expected, and I've reported the issue over to our developers. Hopefully they can take a closer look and create a solution for it in future versions of the extension.

For now, I would recommend filling the username for that site by copying/pasting or clicking/dragging from the extension. Additionally, I tested the filling via 1Password in Chrome. The username and password are able to be filled normally with 1Password in Chrome. If you'd like, you can switch to Chrome when filling for that site, and it should provide a much better experience.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/core/core#3795

• jswright61
    jswright61
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad you were able to reproduce the behavior, thank you for brining it to the attention of your team. I guess using an alternative browser for the site is an attractive option for some, but not me..

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jswright61 I definitely understand wanting to stick to the browser you've been using. In that case, the best option would be to copy/paste or click/drag your username to the field. Although this is not ideal, I hope it helps for now.

We appreciate your patience! If you run into any other issues, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.