1password 8. Bring back side items

Options
jimger
jimger
Community Member

I don't like the fact that 1password8 doesn't have categories on the left. Although I think seaexh is kinda improved, it is helpful to have them on the side. At least optionally

Comments

• Hello @jimger , thanks for this feedback! We've heard from some folks that they'd prefer a return to that style, or an ability to switch between the two. We have a request open with our developers about it, so I'll add your comments to that discussion.

Thanks again, and we're always happy to have your input!

ref: dev/core/core#9299

• passingmagic
    passingmagic
    Community Member
    Options

My vote for this too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Noted @passingmagic, thank you :+1:

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for this too.

• Noted as well @viswiz, thank you!

• fatoink
    fatoink
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Noted @fatoink, thank you!

• Mousit
    Mousit
    Community Member
    Options

Also +1 for the return of Categories in the Sidebar. Along with Item Counts for each one of them, also in the Sidebar (not at the bottom of each list like the nightlies have), the way 1P7 did. Also individual Watchtower categories, in the Sidebar. With item counts for the Watchtower categories too. You guessed it: in the Sidebar!

I'm shocked how utterly basic the 1P8 Sidebar is, and how much was lost. The lack of categories and item counts in the Sidebar actually had me uninstall 1P8 and return to 7.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Mousit !

To get at least the categories back into the sidebar, you are allowed to switch to the latest beta build of 1Password 8. There you have the possibility to switch categories from the top to the sidebar. :)

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Cool. it worked

• Glad to hear it @jimger! Hope you're enjoying having Categories back in 1Password 8, because I know I am! 🤩

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed I do. Though haven't used it much yet. Usually the way it goes, is that I realize stuff are broken/missing once I try to use them and realize they are missing...

• @Thanks @jimger, we're always looking to make 1Password better, so if you're interested to provide your impressions as you go, we'll be more than happy to have them!

This discussion has been closed.