Beta causes spacebar to stop working for zoom and navigation in Adobe CC products

Options
j4m1eb
j4m1eb
Community Member

As the title says. Intermittently the spacebar stops working for navigating and the zoom feature of Adobe creative cloud apps when the 1P beta is running, took me ages to figure it out, but if indesign stops working I just quit and relaunch 1P and normally function is returned. I have done a search and can see it has been reported before with the chrome browser extension.

1Password Version: 8.50
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @j4m1eb:

It sounds like the Quick Access shortcut may be conflicting with Adobe products. If you change your Quick Access shortcut to a different key combination, not using the Space bar (Settings > General > Show Quick Access) , does that improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• j4m1eb
    j4m1eb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I'll try that but it's an intermittent issue. Quitting 1P and re launching fixes it for a day or 2, so don't know if a keyboard shortcut is the issue?

• Hi @j4m1eb, I can see why that would be tricky to track down. We will be interested to hear the results of changing that shortcut, in any case (and I do think Jack's suggestion is the most likely scenario). We'll look forward to learning about whether this improves the situation for you!

• j4m1eb
    j4m1eb
    Community Member
    Options

I have further feedback on the issue with it having just happened again this morning - I have removed the quick access shortcut previously as suggested so that isn't the issue. So Indesign, photoshop and illustrator, the spacebar to scroll or zoom (spacebar+command) has become unresponsive. I clicked on 1P and its at the lock screen, I logged in, went back to Adobe products and the spacebar functions as expected.

• Hi @j4m1eb:

Thanks for clarifying here, this kind of behavior is something we're actively investigating, and working on improving the state of play. We're always working on making 1Password better, so stay tuned! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.